The last few days in the hospital
Well, I think it's hard to tell much difference between any of these pictures going day-by-day in the hospital, so I'll do one last post showing the rest of Yuko's and Elena's stay there. This summarizes their last 4 days in the hospital, June 3-7, 2006.

Definitely up to something here -- her mischievious side is already manifesting itself.

Strangely, Mom REALLY digs the hospital food. Perhaps it's because she was on an IV drip and glucose only diet for the better part of 3 days after the surgery? Anyway, meal time is her favorite part of each day.

So peaceful -- what I wouldn't give to know what she's thinking about right now. It probably has something to do with milk.

It did not take long for Elena to impose her will on the adults and claim Yuko's hospital bed as her own.

WHO thought it was a good idea to dress me in the pink frog jumpsuit? With the green frog-face booties? WHO?!

I refuse to leave the hospital dressed like this -- call my agent!
Despite her protestations, we brought Elena home in the pink froggie outfit that her Grandma (granny grouse) bought specially for her. The mortification wore off as the vibration of the taxi ride quickly coaxed Elena to sleep. And then, everyone was home . . .

"Thank goodness I managed to extricate myself from those frog-face slippers. OK, really, could someone get me away from this guy and put me in my crib now? Please?"
Parents, I think you will recognize the book strewn on the bed above my head.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home